Whole30 Week One Recap
As part of my self-improvement initiatives for the year, I have officially completed a full week of the Whole30 and I do not hate it 🙂 Don’t get me wrong, the program does take some planning to complete properly, but it’s not in anyway impossible. I also have not noticed any of the symptoms that I’ve read about, so far, but it could be because I already eat relatively healthy, and sugar isn’t really my vice.
Here are some of my Whole30 observations from this week:
- I didn’t realize for some reason, that chickpeas weren’t on the list, so I had them one day
- Ditto for plantain chips (and I’m sad about those)
- You HAVE to read labels. Sugar and chemicals are in the least expected items
- Trader Joes has a great variety of paleo and vegan food items that fit the bill for the Whole30
- I did have 1 cheat meal, but in the grand scheme of things, I typically eat out a whole lot more, so I’m happy
- Smoothies have been keeping me full most mornings at least until 10 or 11am
- Not having bread hasn’t bothered me at all, which is surprising.
- I like the creativity the rules give me, I have to work around my usual recipe additions
- I miss cheese though 🙁
- Wine has been, and probably will be the hardest thing to give up.
- I have noticed my sleep has been amazing, I’ve been going to bed around 11pm and waking up really refreshed between 7 and 8am, but I don’t know if it’s because of the program, but its nice either way 🙂
I have made a meal plan and shopping list for this upcoming week, which will make it a lot easier for me to keep from slipping up.
Has anyone else tried the Whole30? How did it go? Let me know in the comments!