Happy National Mint Julep Day!
Ohhh Mint Juleps. This is literally the last cocktail I want when I go on to glory. The cocktail that makes me want to start collecting cute silver cups. It literally as southern as you can get and I’m here for it. I love a restaurant that can make a good one, but most either make it too strong or too sweet. I have perfected it and I think you will enjoy! BTW you can also double this recipe up or make a pitcher of it for a party (or just for you)….enjoy!
Mint Julep Recipe
- 1.5 ounces of bourbon
- 5-6 fresh mint leaves (plus one more full sprig – see below)
- 1/2 oz simple syrup (bonus if it’s mint infused)
- CRUSHED ICE (mandatory)
- A full fresh mint sprig for garnish
- Fill your cup with ice
- Muddle the simple syrup and mint leaves
- Pour the bourbon in the cup, shake
- Pour on top of the ice
- Garnish with your fresh mint sprig, and serve immediately. Enjoy!