Healthy Chocolate Mousse
Healthy chocolate mousse made with a “secret” ingredient – avocado. Super easy to make and perfect for Valentine’s Day or date night! Vegan + refined sugar free.
- 4 oz dark or semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped you can also use dark chocolate chips
- 2 large ripe avocados halved and pitted.
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1-3 tsp light maple syrup or honey optional
- fresh fruit to garnish
- Place chopped chocolate or chocolate chips in small pot on low heat stirring between each until chocolate is fully melted, watching carefully to make sure the chocolate doesn’t burn. Set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, place avocados, melted chocolate, cocoa powder, milk, vanilla and salt. Blend until very smooth and creamy, scrapping down the edge of the bowl as needed. Taste and add some maple syrup if needed.
- Spoon into glasses or containers. Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge for a few hours for a thicker consistency.
- Garnish (optional) before serving