My Favorite Protein Breakfast Smoothie
I really love smoothies and juices, but I hate cleaning up afterwards. I finally purchased a Ninja Nutri Pro, which is the personal sport cup ninja that you can blend and go. Life changer! All I have to do is rinse the blade and I’m out the door. I have learned from trial and error (and also research) that greener smoothies keep you full longer. It’s because of the sugar spike and crash that you can get from more fruit-based smoothies. Here is my whole30 friendly smoothie that I have been into lately.
Whole30 Friendly Protein Smoothie
- 1 avocado (fat and fiber)
- big handful of greens (I like a spinach, kale blend)
- 1/2 cup berries or other fruit of choice
- water (1/2 or more depending on how thick you want it)
- 1 serving of egg white protein powder (unflavored)
The combo of fats, fiber, and protein in addition to the fruit keep you full and satisfied for at least 3 hours. I normally don’t start getting hungry until mid-day.