My Favorite Podcasts to Listen to
I only got into listening to podcasts this year. I know I’m late to the party! Since I typically have about an hour commute each way everyday, I got into listening to podcasts. My current list has a few new listens and a few that I have been listening to for a while. There is no particular type that I like, I’m pretty much across the board in the categories I listen to. A little lifestyle, a little comedy, a little real life crime, and a little business talk is the current rotation I have. Some of these may be new to you so give them a listen and see if you like them!
My Favorite Podcasts (In No Particular Order)
- Petty By Nature: when I said no particular order, I lied. Petty By Nature is the podcast I started this year with 2 of my friends and we discuss current events, pop culture and our general lives.
- The Read: I have been following Kid Fury since his Youtube days and I absolutely adore him and Crissle. They talk about pop culture and current events and are very shady, funny, and WOKE.
- Serial: Serial is a crime podcast that covers cases in which the person of interest has a lot of extenuating circumstances that revolve around the situation that has taken place. Very in-depth looks at crimes that don’t quite add up. Each season focuses on one crime, so you have a lot of material to listen to. I can’t wait for the new season, whenever that will be.
- In The Dark: In the Dark covered the disappearance of Jacob Wetterling that happened in the late 80’s. What’s crazy is that his murdered just confessed to killing him this year right along the time that the podcast was coming out.
- MMHMM, Girl: I think these women are hilarious. More pop culture, more comedy.
- The Skinny Confidential Him & Her Podcast: I love the banter back and fourth between Lauryn and her new husband Michael. She is a lifestyle blogger and he is a entrepreneur. Together somehow it works as a podcast. Guilty pleasure listen for me.
- The Vanished: this podcast covers mostly unsolved or weird circumstance missing person cases. Each episode or two covers a different case and they are all pretty chilling.
- Side Hustle Pro: Each episode focuses on a different avenue of side hustling and interviews women that have turned their passion side hustles into lucrative businesses. A bonus is that they black women business owners.